Our client a prominent IT consultancy currently have an opening for an Contract DevOps Solutions Architect .The role involves working with product managers, project managers, engineering teams, sales teams and customers to deliver OpenStack cloud solutions which integrate the business, technical and operational aspects of customers’ cloud strategies.
With this DevOps Solution Architect Role you have the opportunity to work remotely from Ireland, The UK, Poland or Germany when not on customer site. Successful candidates will be required to spend 50% of their time onsite with customers.
About the Role:
We’re looking for an experienced architect with a background in designing and implementing immutable infrastructure solutions using DevOps tools and practices in both cloud and hardware environments. This position requires an excellent collaborative approach backed by strong verbal and written communication skills. The role assumes all work is targeted at CI/CD best practice.
• High-level understanding of software systems design
• Understanding of and willingness to champion application design and deployment practices such as cloud-native and Cattle application architecture and 12-Factor App methodology.
• Knowledge of standard IP networking technologies including switching, routing, firewalls, load balancing, DNS and DHCP.
• Knowledge of storage and volume management solutions such as LVM, CEPH and GlusterFS.
• Ability to use open source tools for automation, security, networking and database management
• Ability to monitor and log analytics using tools such as Cacti, Splunk, Zabbix, Elasticsearch, RHQ and Hyperic
• Strong listening, conflict resolution, negotiation and consensus-building skills. Strong analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills
• Ability to communicate the business value of technical concepts
• Ability to provide detailed solution architecture descriptions to customers and implementation team
• 3+ years of experience in deployment automation with cloud computing solutions such as OpenStack, Google Compute Engine and AWS.
• 3+ years of experience with virtualisation concepts and technologies and experience in designing, installing, administering and troubleshooting in a cloud environment (public/ private/hybrid)
• 5+ years of experience in architecting and implementing Deployment Automation and Configuration Management with tools such as Puppet and Ansible
• 5+ years of experience with Linux/Unix system administration and shell scripting
• 5+ years of experience in programming with programming languages such as Python, Ruby, Go and with JSON, YAML and REST services.
• Passionate about DevOps and deployment automation tools, technologies and enablers
• Willingness to revise toolset and skills in light of emerging technologies
• Keen interest in open source solutions
• BS Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or similar
If you believe you, or somebody you know, could be the right person for this Openstack Solutions Architect role, please do not hesitate to contact Gina Malde on 016621000