Our client a prominent IT consultancy currently have an opening for an Contract Cloud Solutions Architect The role involves working with product managers, project managers, engineering teams, sales teams and customers to deliver OpenStack cloud solutions which integrate the business, technical and operational aspects of customers’ cloud strategies.
With this Cloud Solution Architect Role you have the opportunity to work remotely from Ireland, The UK, Poland or Germany when not on customer site. Successful candidates will be required to spend 50% of their time onsite with customers.
• Working with customers to understand project goals and define requirements and scope.
• Analysing gaps in the existing data centre infrastructure management.
• Creating designs for cloud implementations based on OpenStack.
• Proposing an integration approach for existing services and applications.
• Performing capacity planning for the cloud and providing hardware recommendations.
• Working with engineering teams to validate implementation details.
• Creating cloud solution blueprints and white papers.
• Overseeing project execution carried out by remote engineering teams.
• Developing professional relationships with executives, engineering teams and customers.
• Excellent knowledge of the cloud computing domain, including current market leaders and technologies.
• Background in developing distributed systems and reliable, fault-tolerant software.
• Solid software development experience (Java, Python, PHP, FastCGI) using agile methodologies.
• Experience of building high-availability (HA) production-grade solutions in virtualised environments.
• Experience of working with OpenSource frameworks (such as CloudFoundry, Cloudify, OpenShift and Hadoop).
• Experience of working with messaging solutions (such as ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ and ZeroMQ).
• Expert knowledge of MySQL and/or PostgreSQL in HA deployments.
• Experience of working with Active Directory (AD) deployments for business-critical applications.
• Practical experience in Linux/Unix system administration and troubleshooting.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills (in areas such as capacity planning).
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
If you believe you, or somebody you know, could be the right person for this Cloud Solutions Architect role, please do not hesitate to contact Gina Malde on 016621000.