Our client, the treasury arm for a large, global insurance firm, currently has a job opening for a junior or mid-level Java Developer. To be the right Java Developer for this job, you should have solid development skills with core Java as well as an interest in financial services. This job will provide excellent training in both development, and the financial services (trading) side of the business. This in turn with open a lot of doors in this area for the future.
This section of the company is the Trading floor & Treasury Operations for the Group Treasury function for the global organisation. This jobs will provide exposure to Derivative and Market products, Valuations, Accounting and System implementation and upgrades within a global corporate treasury environment (as well as the technical side of things.) Treasury Solutions has ownership of the core Group Treasury systems. Reporting to the Treasury Solutions Manager you will be working as a developer within a dynamic project team.
• Reporting to the Treasury Solutions Manager you will be working as a programmer within a dynamic project team on a number of projects.
• Design and develop programs for mission-critical system.
• Develop programs working closely with other developers contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and develop new products, controls & outputs.
• Unit test code for robustness, usability and general reliability.
• Identify and correct bottlenecks, fix bugs and improve application performance.
• Help maintain code quality, development processes and automated testing.
• Assist with processing and data modelling in database environments.
• Report writing.
Skills – Behavioural
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related).
• Expert level in programming languages: Java, SQL.
• Acts as liaison between Business and IT, as assigned.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Enthusiastic and energetic personality with the ability to work under pressure and to short deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to work on own initiative and effectively in a team environment.
• 3 years commercial Programming experience (Java, SQL).
• 3 years Financial Services experience, preferred not essential.
If you believe you, or somebody you know, could be the right person for this Java Developer job, please do not hesitate to contact Stephen Waters. 016621000 firstname.lastname@example.org