Our client is a global financial services firm. This is an excellent IT Job opportunity for a strong Java developer to join a firm where you will get strong exposure to Derivative and Market products, Valuations, Accounting and System implementation and upgrades within a global corporate treasury environment. You will be a part of a dynamic application development team and will be trained extensively on the business domain.
• Reporting to the Treasury Solutions Manager you will be working as a programmer within a dynamic project team on a number of projects.
• Design and develop programs for mission-critical system.
• Develop programs working closely with other developers contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and develop new products, controls & outputs.
• Unit test code for robustness, usability and general reliability.
• Identify and correct bottlenecks, fix bugs and improve application performance.
• Help maintain code quality, development processes and automated testing.
• Assist with processing and data modelling in database environments.
• Report writing.
Skills – Behavioural
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related).
• Expert level in programming languages: Java, SQL.
• Acts as liaison between Business and IT, as assigned.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Enthusiastic and energetic personality with the ability to work under pressure and to short deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to work on own initiative and effectively in a team environment.
• 3 years commercial Programming experience (Java, SQL).
• 3 years Financial Services experience, preferred not essential.
To apply for the Java Programmer Analyst role please contact Hugh McCarthy on 01 662 1000.