Web Developer - Contract
Join an established online company, in their Dublin CC HQ, on a 6 month rolling contract. Predominant tech is PHP. You will work across many websites. The main focus will be in revamping a particular high traffic website.
What is needed:
* Ability to write understandable and maintainable quality structured code as well as refactor already existing code. This usually requires 4 + years web development experience
* Strong understanding of web technology stack incl productive web environments, common web dev. challenges and web tech security.
* More backend focus than front end
* Join an Agile development team
* Develop new and legacy code and continuous refactoring
* Tech Stack/Environment: LAMP, PHP 5.3 with an upgrade to PHP7 scheduled, MariaDB, Memcached, SVN,custom slim structured enterprise framework, New Relic, LogEntries, Vagrant, Redmine, Google Docs
* Understanding of SEO and UX
* Opportunity to work on a major DevOps related infrastructure modernisation in 2017
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.