Our Client, a leading, global investment bank, currently has a job opening for a Data Engineer/ETL Developer. If you are successful in your application for this Data Engineer job you will be joining one of the banks global centres for data innovation. This Data Engineer job opening is for a team that conducts highly sensitive investigations that are global in scale. We are unable to reveal specifics around the contents of the investigations, however you should think along the lines of this year’s panama papers leaks. The rest of the team you will be joining is mainly made up of data scientists, as such, if you have an interested in this area, there will be plenty of opportunity to get exposed to advanced data science and analytics techniques. This is a highly funded team, and the right data engineer will get access to many cutting edge technologies.
The ideal candidate will have a grounding in Database/Data Warehouse/Data Mart design and development and be able to demonstrate structured approaches to problem solving in an Agile/Scrum development environment. They will have hands-on experience in at two of the following disciplines and be an expert in one: Data Integration/ETL, Data Management (incl. Data Quality Management), Data Warehousing, Data Virtualization/Federation, and Data Modelling.
• Gathering, documenting, examining and managing data integration and data management requirements in an Agile/Scrum development team
• Build extensible data acquisition and integration solutions using various integration tools (Informatica, Pentaho, Ab>Initio, IBM DataStage, Kafka, Flume, etc.) and a variety of data environments (Hadoop, Oracle, Mongo, etc.)
• Optimize data integration platforms to provide optimal performance under increasing data volumes and complexity
• Creating test plans and scripts for data integration/data model testing, ranging from unit to integration testing.
• Liaising with other technical areas, conducting technology research, and evaluating software required for maintaining the data management environment
• Expertise in different patterns and technologies around enterprise-level data integration, data management and data warehousing
• Expertise in the design, development and optimisation/tuning of database technologies
• Expertise in Hadoop and related NoSQL technologies
• Experience with Agile principles and methodology
• An applied knowledge of several data technologies, practices and analytical approaches, including: Data Integration (ETL/ELT, SOA/Middleware, Enterprise Service Bus), Relational Databases (OLTP, Analytical MPP Appliances), Data Preparation and Data Warehousing (SQL, ETL, Warehouse architecture, OLAP), Data Architecture (Logical & Physical Modelling, Policy and Rules Management), Programming (SQL, Unix Shell, Python)
• A grounding in Database / Data Warehouse / Data Mart design and development and be able to demonstrate structured approaches to problem solving in an Agile/Scrum development environment
• Hands-on experience in two of the following disciplines and be an expert in one: Data Integration / Extract, Transform and Load, Data Management (incl. Data Quality Management), Data Warehousing, Data Virtualisation / Federation or Data Modelling
• A creative data Technologist, passionate about data/information management and architectures
• Innovative, creative, articulate and able to work and collaborate with a broad range of Stakeholders in a multi-site, multi-country global organisation
• Able to demonstrate examples of previous successful deliveries and have a track record in an Agile-centric development environment, built on a foundation of hands-on development of Enterprise Data Services
• An exceptional communicator (written and verbal) with internal teams and outside Consultants/Contractors/Suppliers
• Goal oriented with structured thinking and effective organisational skills
• Educated to Bachelor’s degree level, or have the equivalent experience or qualifications
• Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability
• Educated to degree level (or overseas equivalent)
Candidate will be:
• A creative data technologist passionate about data/information management and architectures
• Innovative, creative, articulate and able to work and collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders in a multi-site, multi-country global organization
• Able to demonstrate examples of previous successful deliveries and a track record in an agile-centric development environment, built on a foundation of hands on development of enterprise data services
If you believe you, or somebody you know, could be the right Data Engineer/ETL Developer for this role, please do not hesitate to contact Stephen Waters. 016621000.