IT Infrastructure Architect - Datacentres , for Infrastructure Operations, Technology Services, Group Technology and Change - Bank of Ireland - Group Manufacturing
Infrastructure Operations, part of Technology Services, has overarching responsibility for the IT Infrastructure that supports all aspects of the Bank of Ireland Group`s business, comprising Data Centre Services, Data and Voice Networking and End-User Experience platforms.
Within Infrastructure Operations, the Infrastructure Architecture team provides subject matter expertise to support all decision-making with regard to the development and operation of the Group`s IT Infrastructure.
Apart from the regular upgrade and refresh projects across the Bank`s IT Infrastructure, there are a number of major strategic programmes underway driving new infrastructure solutions, especially within the Bank`s datacentres.
A position has arisen for a new member of the Infrastructure Architecture team, specialising in Datacentre Infrastructure and Services.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following aspects:
* Work with the Group`s Business Partners, Technology Partners, Vendors and Industry Analysts to produce a rolling Roadmap for the development of Datacentre IT Infrastructure and Services of the Group covering the next 18-36 months.
* Provide subject matter expertise, through experience or research or other means, in support of all significant developments, changes, replacements and upgrades of the Group`s Datacentre and IT Infrastructure and Service. This includes a requirement to sign off of technical designs and other proposals on behalf of Infrastructure Operations.
* Represent Infrastructure Architecture as a programme/project team member for all significant developments of the Group`s Datacentre IT Infrastructure and Services.
* Work with the Group`s Strategy, Architecture and Innovation team and the Group`s IT Security teams to develop the Strategy, Principles, Standards and Guidelines of the Group as related to Datacentre IT Infrastructure and Services - both on premises and cloud-based infrastructure.
* Provide consultancy to the business units of the Group in relation to projects and general questions involving Datacentre IT Infrastructure and Services
* Act as third-level support in the diagnosis and resolution of serious service outages and in the analysis and mitigation of serious risks
* Strong Management of technical relationship with vendor teams supporting live operations delivery
* Liaising with stakeholders throughout the GTaC organisation
* Ensure that all critical tasks are adequately documented and knowledge is shared effectively across Technology Services using the TS Knowledge Management Platform
* Presentation of technical directions and decisions to Bank Senior Management teams - both Technology and Security.
* Presentation of system infrastructures and technologies to other GTaC teams
* Input to the design and implementation of Support ModelsFull
Risk & Compliance:
* Maintain & monitor standards, controls, processes and solutions, to minimise business and IT risk
* Manage identified Risks to closure including reporting of progress against each Risk assigned within your area of responsibility
* Ensure full compliance with all Group, Legal and Regulatory requirements and standards
* Full involvement during Internal / External Audit cycle that are carried out periodically relating to