Internet and Remote Services Engineer , for Infrastructure Operations, Technology Services, Group Technology and Change - Bank of Ireland - Group Manufacturing
Infrastructure Operations, part of Technology Services has overarching responsibility for the IT Infrastructure that supports all aspects of the Group`s business, including Voice Services, Networking, Data Centre Services and End-User Experience. A position has arisen for an Internet and Remote Services Engineer to work with the team in managing, architecting and operation of the network services.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the external/remote services required to gain access to the Bank network are managed effectively at all times. They will be responsible for managing the key vendor partners, liaising with trusted 3 rd parties and ensuring that services are deployed using best industry practice whilst giving assurance to internal stakeholders that all access is secure and controlled.
The successful candidate should have a strong network and network security background as well as experience in network connectivity solutions and troubleshooting complex network issues..
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following aspects:
* Responsible for analysing and documenting the current estate, including keeping the documentation current as the estate changes
* Review of all Remote Access utilisation and license management
* Providing assurance that access to the internet is controlled through the implementation of controls as agreed with the IT Security Operations team
* Review and approval of file transfer methodologies (e.g FTP/SFTP, Connect Direct)
* Management and oversight of Business to Business connections and DLP Tools
* Take overall responsibility for ensuring the availability, performance and security within agreed service levels; lead the development of procedures and standards for Infrastructure Operations
* Validating and ensuring that all components are patched to the agreed level and fully compliant to security standards
* Development and monitoring of daily operations metrics
* Work effectively with vendors to resolve issues, escalating issues with the vendor as needed
* Review the details of services in transition to production and ensure appropriate support is in place
* Serve as a liaison between other technical staff, management, users and vendors regarding service requests, change management and other technical matters (including incident management)
* Maintain & monitor standards, controls, processes and solutions, to minimise business and IT risk
* Ensure full compliance with all Group, Legal and Regulatory requirements and standards
* Support Management through positive and proactive participation within the team and active collaboration with colleagues across GTaC as appropriate
What You Can Expect in Return:
What a great time to join us! We are going through a period of significant change which will provide a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us. Every organisation will tell you that their people are their most prized asset - we`ll tell you that too. The difference is however, we prove it - through commitment to nurturing, encouraging, challenging and training our people. On top of a great career path, we can offer you a range of benefits such as discounted VHI, FREE banking, preferential rates on loans and financial products, holiday and insurance funds, g