Our client, a South Dublin company that provides a service to every financial institution in Ireland, currently has a job opening for a Helpdesk Engineer. This Helpdesk job is different to most. To be the right person for this job, you should not only have broad experience in a support role, but have a demonstrated desire to learn a wide variety of IT skills. You will be joining a small, but elite team of highly skilled technologists who will mentor you in many different areas.
As mentioned, this will not be your average helpdesk engineer, level 1, level 2 job. Given time, the client is hoping to train you to be a career technologist. If you stay with the company, there will be opportunities gain experience in, system administration, database administration and development, network engineering, front and backend application development, hardware and even data analysis.
If you love tech, and want a role where you will never know everything then this is definitely for you. As an added bonus the company is about to undergo a major infrastructure upgrade, you will be heavily involved in this.
• Initially the job will involve general deskside support, as well as level one helpdesk support for the company’s applications, as outlined below.
• Support of the website. The will involve the handling of existing customer queries by telephone and/or e-mail when they arise. The on-boarding of new customers will also be facilitated.
• Manage applications. This will primarily involve the support of existing customers. Some configuration changes to existing installations may be required to facilitate customer expectations. The candidate will be expected to work with customers to facilitate and implement configuration changes as required. Some applications utilise leased line technology and the internet as its means of communications and the candidate will be expected to troubleshoot connectivity issues which will afford them experience on Cisco infrastructure and the OSPF routing protocol.
• Perform basic operations management which will involve monitoring critical infrastructure on a daily basis and reporting anomalies should they arise. The candidate will be expected to work with company third-parties to remediate infrastructural issues when they arise.
• The opportunity will exist to support and further enhance internal ICB websites and applications. The company primarily deploys Microsoft technology and has developed websites in ASP.Net and applications with VB.Net.
• 1 + years Exposure to as much of the below as possible.
• Window Server
• Active Directory
• Office 365
• Oracle Database (Distinct Advantage)
• Linux (any flavour)
• Networking (Cisco in particular)
• Virtualisation (Vmware ideally)
• Scripting (Pl-SQL ideally)
• Development (Ideally Asp.net, VB6)
• Demonstrated desire for continuous learning/passion for IT in general
• Ideally BSc educated.
• CCNA (distinct advantage)
• MCSA (advantage.)
If you believe you, or somebody you know, could be the right helpdesk engineer for this job, please contact Stephen Waters. 016621000