IT Project Manager - Infrastructure
We are seeking an experienced IT Project Manager / Programme Manager to provide effective project management of the organisation's global IT projects with a particular focus on IT infrastructure projects that support the business worldwide.
International organisation engaged in the provision of financial services globally is seeking to appoint an experienced IT Project Manager / Projects Manager to their IT Division. Reporting directly into the Global Head of IT and working with a dynamic management team, you will be tasked with building strong stakeholder relationships and successfully managing technical projects within a complex enterprise IT environment (encompassing virtualised IT infrastructure, applications and data solutions). You must also be operationally aware of the critical role Information Technology plays in bringing about transformational business and IT change.
One of the key projects that you will be managing is the separation of company's core IT infrastructure (Citrix, VMWare, Windows & SAN) from the Group IT Infrastructure. Effectively this can be viewed as a "greenfield infrastructure implementation" as the selection of vendors, Datacentres & other aspects of the project involvement will be strategically important, as well as the successful deployment & migration of the IT infrastructure systems.
Other projects will include CRM system replacement and application upgrades.
Profile Expertise required:
You must be proficient in successfully building strong stakeholder relationships in a global business environment, demonstrate a history of successful delivery of enterprise solutions, the ability to produce accurate project performance metrics & status reporting as well as ensure effective team collaboration throughout the project lifecycle. You must be able to also demonstrate consideration for operational readiness, post deployment support and proven experience of utilising best practise project management around planning, scheduling, execution & deployment.
You must have a history of successfully delivering enterprise IT solutions (especially Infrastructure & Network / Applications projects).
We are not looking for an IT Manager or a Software Project Manager but rather a dedicated IT Infrastructure Project Manager with a successful track record of managing & delivering IT projects, based around IT Infrastructure solutions & application services to the business.
* Senior IT Project Management expertise, with a particular focus on managing Technology Infrastructure projects (within Microsoft technologies & virtualised environments)
* In-depth experience of vendor management (as proactive engagement with vendors is especially critical to the success of the core Infrastructure projects)
* Previous experience within the Financial Services Industry, managing and delivering complex IT projects to support the business is highly advantageous
* Expert knowledge of Business and IT requirements analysis (functional designs, data models, technical and application architectures) to ensure projects are accurately scoped
* Project Budget management
* Project management lifecycle methodologies essential (e.g. PRINCE2, PMBOK or Agile Scrum)
* Skills in some or all of the following technologies: Microsoft Technology environments - Windows Server environments; Infrastructure Virtualisation; LAN, SAN, WAN; Data Centres; Microsoft applications; CRM (MS Dynamics); Databases; data warehousing, business intelligence tools.
* Exceptional communication skills and an ability to work with (& manage) virtual project teams
Knowledge of ITIL is desirable.
Salary: €75-85K + benefits
Please note that EU/EEA citizens or current valid working visa holders only need apply.
Other terms: IT Project Manager, IT Programme Manager, Technical Project Manager, Technology Projects Manager, Information Technology Project Manager, Infrastructure Project Manager, Technology Projects Manager, Technology solutions, IT Infrastructure, Technology Projects, Network infrastructure, communications, Infrastructure Project Manager, Programme Manager, PM , Project Delivery Manager, Projects Manager, IT Infrastructure Systems, IT projects, IT Service Delivery Manager.