Data Engineer (Hadoop expertise required)
Salary €75-95K plus benefits
Job ref: BBBH9910
We are assisting a high profile International Company with a brand new Software Development Centre and Research and Innovation Lab here in Dublin City Centre source an experienced Data Engineer for their growing team.
As a Data Engineer you will spend the majority of your time analysing requirements, writing functional specifications and performing testing to support development efforts. You will be responsible for requirement gathering - liaising between the technical and non-technical teams; which will require you to lead meetings and/or projects. As a Data Engineer, you will be a key member of this team.
- Work with business stake-holder’s to fully understand how data drives business issues and opportunities
- Develop business intelligence/reporting solutions as defined in technical specifications
- Analyse business intelligence requirements (e.g. standard/ad hoc reporting, dashboards, scorecards, visualization, analytics)
- Identify and analyse applicable source data (e.g. internal/external data feeds, systems, databases etc.)
- Architect/design data management processes and capabilities (e.g. governance, archiving, metadata, master data, data modelling, data quality etc.)
- Develop specifications to support data management processes and capabilities (e.g. governance, archiving, metadata, master data, data modelling, data quality etc.)
- Support successful project execution
- Plan and manage assignments of varying scope
- Significant experience communicating with senior level business leaders and stakeholders
- Strong experience with relational databases
- Strong experience with Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Spark
- Advanced experience creating advanced SQL queries
- Demonstrated of data experience working with large datasets / big data
- Considerable experience of source-to-target mapping experience (including complex business rules) ideally within healthcare clinical and/or administrative data domains
- Proven large data warehouse / big data projects
- Significant SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) experience
- 5+ years of data analysis (profiling) experience
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree
- Experience analysing and manipulating unstructured data
- Experience with Agile / Scrum
- Experience working in a consulting capacity or consulting organization
- Experience with other Business Intelligence Tools like Cognos, SAS or TOAD
- Experience in data profiling and data analysis
- Excellent communication skills (Verbal and Written)
This is a fantastic career opportunity within a new team setup – established international company.
IMPORTANT: There will be NO Visa Sponsorship available with these roles. Applications MUST be eligible to work in the Republic of Ireland (i.e. Dual Citizenship with an EU country).
Applications MUST include a CV.
Interested in these excellent opportunities?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) to: email@example.com