A leading global insurance company is seeking a PMO to join their expanding organisation. The successful candidate will be responsible for the consistent and effective delivery of support services across transformation projects/programs in the organisations IT Infrastructure, in accordance with group-defined rules globally. He/she will support the project leadership in setting up and running a project / work stream, including liaising with employees and potentially external partners globally.
• Successful support of project implementation, i.e.:
• Controls and maintains portfolio, program or project operating methods for example co-ordination of projects or programs through governance gates, monthly financial reporting, the application Project Management Framework or the gathering and analysis of third party resource demand to ensure projects are successful.
• Collates inputs to the annual plan during the planning process, working with customers to ensure data quality and manages change control to ensure senior management have appropriate oversight.
o Tracks project, program or portfolio performance metrics, providing facts, highlighting risks and opportunities to stakeholders. For example, milestone achievement, resource supply and demand, or expenditure to ensure successful project outcomes.
• Performs quality assurance of Planview data, liaising with Project Managers– Program Directors to correct or improve the quality of the data.
o Has sufficient Planview expertise to support colleagues in use of the system and will seek opportunities to leverage Planview enhancements to improve efficiency and alignment within a project, program or portfolio.
• Provides training in use of project management tools and techniques.
o Demonstrates support for Project Management Framework and adoption of group standards.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities:
• Support PMO leads of several transformation projects with regular activities, potentially take on selected project management activities
• Establishing and maintaining project or portfolio deliverables such as risk logs, action plans etc.
• Preparing meetings and workshops including coordination of logistics etc.
• Coordination of activities to ensure correct involvement/approvals of all relevant -internal and -external governance bodies for required approvals
• Maintaining and creating the Group’s Project Management System data Planview
• Monitoring of said system and establishing/maintaining a standard reporting to increase reporting quality within IT Infrastructure
• Close liaison with key partner functions, primarily group finance and group risk, as well as procurement and sourcing
• Managing basic administration (on-boarding of new employees to the project, etc.) and feeding data into systems
• Ensuring the consistent application of Project Management Framework standards.
• Actively participates in the Project Professionals communities.
• Seeks opportunity to improve efficiency and drives through to completion.
• Ensures their own clear understanding of respective organizational level targets (business unit, segment, group functions and group).
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and 3 or more years of PMO
• Proven experience of working within a large Global or Regional organisation within a multi-national company
• Ability to work in a highly process driven and outsourced work environment.
• Good influencing skills, demonstrable through all levels of the organisation.
• Well-developed team building and collaboration capabilities.
• Quality management and process improvement capabilities desired
• Persuasive presentation skills
• Fully proficient in English, both oral and written. Additional language skills are considered a bonus.
• Structured Analytical skills with the ability to work under pressure
• Experience in Commercial & Contractual considerations in an outsourced delivery model is a plus
• Sound knowledge of Productivity and Reporting toolsets (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
To apply for the PMO role please contact Ian Donnelly on 01 662 1000.