Excellent opportunity available for a Field Support Engineer in Dublin 4. The Successful Field Support Engineer will be working for one of Irelands leading managed service providers. Immediate start available for the successful Field Support Engineer.
Why would I be interested in this job?
- Gain invaluable experience with one of Irelands Largest Managed Services Provider.
- Immediate start available
- Long term contract with possibility of extensions.
What will I do as a Field Support Engineer?
- Monthly Audit of hub rooms - checks to make sure equipment is free for slide out (cabling tidy & not stretched out)
- Carry out on all the sites (Deans Grange, Belfast, etc)
- Stock check - ensure the spare cables of all the lengths are available.
- Audit of stock spare equipment to check spares are where they're supposed to be.
- Network cabling e.g. server commission, running cables & labelling, keeping neat & tidy in Dublin + Belfast.
- Cable testing & tracing around multiple hops.
- Monitoring alerts, triage & resolve where possible
- Commission & decommission of servers (physical + virtual)
- Recommission of servers as well
- Regular quality checks – e.g. proper servers are included in backup schedules
- Warranty reviews
- Hardware break/fix (e.g. disk replacements)
- Monitoring alerts, carrying out daily checks, triage & resolve where possible
What do I need to become a Field Support Engineer?
- 6+ months hand on commercial desktop support experience in a busy IT environment
- Commercial experience in remote PC fault diagnosis/troubleshooting
- Strong troubleshooting skills with PC hardware
- Strong Windows OS and Microsoft Office suite exp
- Relevant degree or Certifications e.g. CompTIA, MCP etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Full clean drivers licence and own transport