Ammeon is a services and solutions partner that helps organisations grasp the opportunities presented by emerging technologies and maintain that leading edge. Our end-to-end set of consulting, learning and technology services and solutions enables our customers to derive value from DevOps, Cloud and related fields. We believe the future should never leave our customers behind and we are committed to realising this vision. If this sounds good to you – join us.
About the Role:
Ammeon is looking for a self-motivated and innovative thinking architect to support the delivery of SDN and NFV services in the fast moving and quickly evolving networking industry. Proactive technology research, industry trend analysis, and developing next generation network architecture using modern networking technology esp. Software Defined Networking and providing production deployable solution will be key functions of the team. The role will include:
- New technology validation and prototyping.
- Develop Software Defined Networking (SDN) domain services offerings
- Contribute to continuous development of SDN domain capability in the organisation
- Define SDN/NFV platform reference architectures and design of orchestration.
- SDN use cases definition
- Open source SDN controller and data plane OS evaluation and development.
- Participate in open-source and open standard industry collaboration activities.
- Open API development / integration to solutions
- BS degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Six or more years of relevant experience.
- 5+ years of data communication industry experience.
- Network (WAN/LAN) Engineering (both Layer 2 and 3) experience in Service Provider Network or Large Enterprise Network environment.
- SDN/OpenFlow knowledge and experience.
- Routing protocols experience especially BGP, GRE, VxLAN
- Experience in design and consumption of APIs.
- Knowledge of service chaining concepts
- Industry technology leadership skill.
- Opensource SDN environments especially IAAS (Openstack) and containers/PAAS (Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift etc)
- Knowledge of layer-1 transport technologies
- Network and configuration management technology experience (NetConf/YANG, OF-Config, OpenConfig, OVSDB etc.)
- System software development experience.
- Understanding of SDN architecture and technology (control plane, data plane, management plane, orchestration, etc.)
- Multi-vendor system integration.
- Open source tools development, implementation, and collaboration experience
- SDN driven open source project and open standard experience (OVS, OF-DPA, OpenFlow, Calico, Contrail)
- Cloud computing, especially Openstack IAAS and Container Netwroking (CNI)
- Competitive salary
- Great location in the heart of Dublin city centre
- Excellent opportunities to experiment with new technologies
- Learning and development opportunities
- Staff technical talks
- Regular staff competitions
Ammeon is an equal opportunities employer. Ammeon reserves the right to request an employee to be flexible in his or her duties when the business needs require it.
Recruitment agencies need not apply.