AWS Cloud Engineer
My client is a global Insurance company and they provide advanced insurance research, analytics and business intelligence to colleagues and clients globally. Employing over 60,000 people in over 100 countries, they are the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services.
Our client has embarked on an AWS cloud-first strategy and have presented at AWS Enterprise Summits. With over a dozen AWS certified staff in house, we are on the leading edge of the company’s journey to cloud. Through an Agile delivery model our Cloud Engineering team are delivering IaaS/PaaS in support of new strategic analytics projects, while advancing a lift & shift of our existing application estate from our incumbent hosting partner. With a sizeable roadmap ahead for a key revenue-generating business unit, we need the best minds in industry to help advance our journey.
· Liaising with local stakeholders to plan and progress delivery of cloud infrastructure
· Full IaaS/PaaS development, following local & global architectural standards and processes
- Delivery and review of architecture diagrams and project documentation
- Configuration capture and ongoing management processes
- Infrastructure scripting through CloudFormation (and Puppet)
- Security Group configuration and management
- Deployment of all approved AWS services (EC2 incl. auto-scaling, ELB, EBS & S3, Redis, Cloudwatch, EMR etc.)
· Advancing standards and policies for digestion by global Cloud community
· Refinement of Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) model to support Continuous Delivery, incl. all user account creation and permissions management (IAM, AD Wintel & Linux)
· Delivery of IT Infrastructure artefacts to facilitate planning and delivery of Lift & Shift:
o Datacentre hardware reconciliation and categorisation
o Software licensing & subscriptions register
o Process documentation
o Topology diagrams
o Environment & release documentation
o Performance analysis incl. instance type mapping etc.
· Liaising with vendors and crafting business case for procurement of specific capabilities