Spector are hiring for an enthusiastic ServiceDesk engineer who is looking to take the next step in their career in IT. The ideal candidate will have minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a Service Desk Environment with 2 years hands on and project deployment experience. We offer a great place to work and a focused environment in which you will be expected to develop your skills (Microsoft, Fortinet, ShadowProtect, VMWare, Azure and project management) through our structured training programme. In reward for your hard work we offer a set of fast track salary reviews that are commensurate with your performance industry certifications. You will work as part of team both on the Service Desk and in project deployment scenarios.
Spector is a provider of Managed IT Support Services and Solutions to the SME sector in the greater Dublin region. We provide fully outsourced IT management, cyber security and continual improvement programmes to our clients. We are proactive by nature and employ the best and most recent technology solutions to give us the competitive edge.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the daily duties and responsibilities expected of our Service Desk Engineers. These are the most common tasks and duties, but are certainly not the only ones. Ultimately the Engineer’s role is to provide resolution to customer issues in a pleasant, timely fashion.
· Performing troubleshooting analysis of servers, services and core applications.
· Support technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
· Installing, configuring, maintaining network services, equipment and devices.
· Backup and DR continuity management.
· Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
· GPO Planning and rollout – resource allocation.
· Work closely with colleagues to meet team goals and improve processes and practices.
· Complete agreed project work both individually and as part of a team
· Planning future improvements, suggesting IT solutions to business problems
· Technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
· Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, and Terminal Services
· System documentation, maintenance and review
· Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
To perform this job successfully, an individual really needs to possess the following personal traits:
· Excellent communication skills. Most of the job is dealing with people at different levels of organisations and clear communication is essential – both verbal and written.
· Good awareness – we need a good team player that can engage and help others in the team when they are under pressure.
· Ability to learn quickly – we provide a training programme that includes core networking and firewall technology as a starting point. Certifications are a core part of your role.
· A love of technology – an ideal candidate will have technology running through their veins and impart that passion to clients and the rest of the team.
· Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
Education & Qualifications:
· 3rd Level Diploma/Degree required.
· Proven recent track record of learning with industry led certifications (at least one of the following is a requirement - any of the following CCNA, VCP, MCSA or MSCE (2012).
· Good experience of Microsoft Infrastructure. Exchange, AD, Windows Server.
· Desktop virtualisation VMWare View, Microsoft RDS.
· Good knowledge, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WAN/LAN.
· Excellent troubleshooting skills
· Any other relevant service or project driven qualifications i.e. ITIL, Prince II.
· Full clean driving licence required.
· €32k-€36k depending on experience, qualifications mix.
· Training and certifications path provided.
· Company bonus structure.