My client is a leading, independently minded provider of trust, fund and corporate services, operating in 14 strategic locations worldwide. Due to expansion they have an exciting new opportunity in our Dublin office, and are seeking an experienced SharePoint Software Developer to join their Group
Technology Services team. Focused on building applications and supporting operations across the business, this role is based in their Dublin office and the ideal candidate will have significant development experience.
This position requires strategic thinking and hands-on technical delivery. The ideal candidate is a skilled technologist with a proven track record of building large scalable services. They will be a key player in driving the development and support of business applications and will report to the Support Lead within our Group Technology Services team.
The successful candidate must be an ambassador of technology and embody the groups unique DNA’ – demonstrating proactivity, seeking out additional responsibilities, identifying service improvement opportunities and deputising in the Support Lead’s absence. This role offers the opportunity to work on all application tiers. Ideally the candidate will have an interest in working on the back-end database, middle tiers and UI.
It is essential that you have experience in development and support of Microsoft SharePoint, Powershell, .NET Framework, HTML, CSS and Java, C, and SQL.
• Develop, maintain and support IT applications, including the assessment of functional needs to determine specifications and solutions
• Proactively document processes and procedures to support a high standard of service
• Participate as required in out-of-hours support and upgrade activities and responsibilities
• Continuously develop both self and team members on relevant advances in technology
• Liaise with third party suppliers to ensure the optimal delivery and support of solutions
• Ensure relevant regulatory requirements, operational processes and operational controls are built into delivered technical designs
• Ensure compliance with applicable laws, service standards, company policies, procedures and agreed operational and control processes
• Influence feature design, architecture, standards and processes to ensure security, performance, operability and scalability
• Identify gaps in current technology and processes and recommend improvements
• Collaborate in depth with peers in development and program management
Key skills and experience:
• Significant experience as a developer and/or database and business systems administrator
• Experience and outstanding knowledge in a core discipline of ERP, database, sharepoint and software development
• Familiar with the full System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process and development best practices
• Ability to quickly learn new technologies
• Experience of developing multi-tier systems (database, app servers, web, mobile apps)
• Programming skills: .NET, C++, JAVA, XML
• Database skills: SQL, MYSQL, SQL Server
• Web skills: SharePoint 2010 / 2013, HTML / CSS (HTML5 experience preferred)
• Reporting skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office (complex macros experience preferred)
• Degree or appropriate equivalent in a computing discipline
• Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-changing environment (agile experience would be beneficial)
• Excellent analytical and prototyping skills
• Good communication skills
• Exceptional problem solving skills
• Communications, documentation and specifications writing skills
• Strong enthusiasm and willingness to learn
If you are interested in discussing the SharePoint Software Developer opportunity, please contact Stacy Keogh on 01 6621000