itContracting /Evros are seeking applications for an experienced Backup Engineer, this is a permanent position based in Dublin South.
Experienced Backup engineer required for a busy managed services environment, working within the ITIL framework, governed by ISO 20000, and servicing a broad range of customers across a wide range of technologies.
• Deliver a significant contribution to a backup team with varied skill sets and experience
• Escalation point for other ICT teams
• Provide Level 2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve technical issues across a range of technologies
• Configure and install various backup systems and services
• Maintain and improve documentation of customers’ backup environments
• Improve backup monitoring system to monitor success and reliability
• Work within change management process to ensure environment stability
• Contribute to selecting and implement tools, policies and procedures as appropriate
• Lead vendors and other IT teams to resolution
Essential skills and experience
• Experience with wide range of Backup Systems (e.g. Veeam, Veritas, Commvault)
• >3 years’ relevant experience working in a Managed Service Provider or Infrastructure as a Service
• Functional understanding of Operating Systems, Applications, Compute, Storage and Networking as all need to be considered when providing backup services
• Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
• Experience in making recommendations to customers that will deliver value and improve service
Beneficial skills and experience
• Veeam Certified Engineer or any backup product certification
• IT Degree or equivalent combination of qualifications and experience
• Infrastructure Support Skills
• ITIL V3 foundation level
• ISO 20000 familiarisation
• Decisive, dynamic and capable of delivering to a high standard
• Conscientious, trustworthy and capable of organizing and delivering on tasks with little direction
• Strong troubleshooting and communications skills are an absolute necessity
• Capable of adjusting their approach for the varied customers supported
• An ability to lead and coach team members
• Process oriented with great attention to detail
• When you’re working on a task, teammates and customers say: ‘It’s OK, they’ve got it’
• Free parking
• Travel expenses
• Training and development
• Health insurance
For further information please feel free to contact us or apply here to us. Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
itContracting is Ireland's key provider of IT Contract and Permanent Professionals.
Please be advised you will receive a semi-automated response to acknowledge receipt of your application.