This is an excellent Dublin based IT Job opportunity for an experienced Senior Python developer, ideally with experience leading out teams and mentoring more junior developers. A financial services background would be helpful.
Leading a team that supports and enhances Python systems for back office processing, as well as modern front-end web-applications for the same.
Partner with business users to define requirements for the application.
Follow a defined development process.
Write unit tests as well as implement code with paired developers.
Collaborate with developers across teams to meet client deliverables.
Assist QAs in the creation and maintenance of automated tests to validate business expectation of the implementation.
Liaise with Operations and Infrastructure colleagues to get new applications into production.
Collaborate across teams to understand and improve our technical best practices.
• 8+ years of experience of software development experience, 5+ years in Python, or 7+ with Ruby, C# or Java (and a willingness to learn Python on the job)
• Strong knowledge of relational databases like SQLServer, Oracle, or MYSQL
• Strong communication skills, comfortable working directly with business professionals.
• Strong interest in financial applications
• Prior experience with securities trading, portfolio management, or accounting applications is highly desirable
• Understanding of SOLID principals
• Love of patterns and practices
• Adeptness with well factored code, and the mocking or stubbing of appropriate boundaries
• Experience with Extreme Programming or other Agile software development lifecycle a plus
• Willingness to participate in a push towards Continuous Delivery
• An interest in Test Driven Development, continuous code reviews, and pairing is a must
• Experience of Git, and if not that, experience of Subversion and a willingness to learn Git
• An “I’m always learning” attitude
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
• Flexibility in approach to work and work ethic
• Focused and results orientated
• Proactive self-starter, with minimum guidance or management required
• Be self-motivated and have the ability to work on their own as well as part of a team
• Must be a good communicator
• Experience of team management
To apply for the Python Development Team Lead role please contact Hugh McCarthy on 01 662 1000.