Our client, a Dublin based Multinational Company is expanding its team and has a number of exciting opportunities for Hardware Repair Technicians.
In a nutshell, we are looking for motivated network support technicians with strong Linux experience!
A key part of the role is root cause analysis of customer problems and issue resolution. The Hardware Repair Technician will respond to work order requests by diagnosing and repairing network and computer hardware.
· Managing a ticket queue.
· Troubleshooting hardware, cabling errors
· Replacing H/W components in all types of servers
· Updating the tickets with the fix applied.
· Clear communication to customers, engineering and QA.
· Hours may fluctuate - Occasional out of hours support required on an agreed rota.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of providing network/Linux support.
· Deep knowledge of Linux & TCP/IP Networking.
- Experience in working with repairing and upgrading servers.
- CCNA or CCNP is advantageous.
- Experience using defect tracking/trouble ticketing tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science or a related discipline is ideal.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Ability to work on own initiative in a fast paced environment.
- Results focused; competitive drive and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task within the role.