Our client is a leading technology company in the security space.
They have an immediate requirement (Monday start available) for a full stack ruby developer to develop enhancements and functional improvements to an existing management console which links to their main product.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in software development, with a mix of strong technical and communication skills that will allow for deployment in both development and client facing roles. This role requires the engineer to not only lead development of the product to be have complete ownership in terms of requirements gathering, development estimations, research and design to delivery.
• Leading a small team to deliver high quality software solutions for our customer base
• The candidate will be responsible for driving product requirements, working with customers to understand their needs and will have the ability to manage the product from design to delivery
• Responsible for code quality and development process
• Responsible for low level design and estimation
• Ensure team are following best practices, using design patterns, following agile processes effectively and developing software to a high standard of quality
• Perform the role of technical design lead on complex software projects and associated deployments, working with solution architects, project managers and UX designers to deliver the client’s platform into market
• Communicate progress / issues / requirements to Engineering Manager
The ideal candidate will have:
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent communications skills & experience interacting with clients
• Highly self-motivated
• Ambitious and career focused individual looking to advance their career within a rapidly expanding company
• A keen interest in new technologies
• Ability to motivate and lead
• Full stack development experience
• Experience working with and developing REST APIs
• Excellent Working knowledge of Ruby
• Strong Experience developing middleware applications. (Preferably using Ruby on Rails or similar technologies)
• Agile development experience (Preferably with Jira)
• Excellent Web application development experience
• Very strong knowledge of SQL databases (Preferably MySQL)
• Secure coding guidelines and practices
• Excellent user interface design and development
• Strong knowledge of managing systems at scale (Experience with automation tools such as Puppet or Ansible preferable)
• Ability to work with different operating systems such as CentOS, Solaris and Windows
• Excellent knowledge of log aggregation tools such as ELK or Splunk and their underlying technologies
Please call Derek Smyth at 01 6621000 for more details or just submit your CV today for immediate consideration.