My client is a leading specialized contract logistics, supply chain company that provide tailored, innovative, and scalable solutions, which reduce costs and improve performance for their customers. Due to expansion they are currently seeking a Network and voice engineer to join their IT operations division.
• Works with members of other IT groups, peers, and management to solve systems-related issues for internal and external customers.
• Implement changes for systems for security and compliance as defined by compliance and security team.
• Performs system upgrades; install OS, maintenance releases, critical fixes and service packs; assist with application upgrades, installations and systems monitoring.
• Define, create and deliver documentation - hardware/software configurations, change control, downtime/availability, problem/resolution, procedures, resource usage, etc.
• Network administration, to include the OS, for the following environment: Voice, Video, Switches, Routers, access points, Load Balancers, Firewall.
• 2nd/3rdlevel support to production Support and Branch office IT personnel on network related issues.
• Network interfaces - LAN/WAN interfaces; troubleshoot LAN and TCP/IP issues on servers; DNS and DHCP configuration and troubleshooting.
• Manage and maintain the BGP WAN backbone of the company.
• Wireless network configuration and management.
• Participate in global support on-call rotation to support the various geographic plants and locations.
• Proactively watches emails for alert notifications from the service desk and resolves or escalates these as required.
• Provides change management support during the weekend when on call.
• Actively participate, enforce, and follow Change, Incident, and Problem management processes.
• Willingness to devise creative solutions to solve complex problems and issues.
• Perform consistently, and contributes beyond the assigned tasks.
• Dedicate themselves to learn and improve upon the existing methods of carrying out Network Engineer functions.
• Work with their team and internal and external customers in a professional manner at all times.
• Quantity and quality of work, work with their team and internal and external customers, to maintain their technical skills to match future requirements of the position.
• Provides technical recommendations to client systems administrators and application owners.
• Responsibility to prioritize tasks with input from managers and senior technical support engineers.
• Manages multiple tasks, reports progress, and meets assigned deadlines.
• Maintains detailed implementation documentation and updates as needed.
• Travel required to support systems during upgrades and other systems events.
• Capable of working alone in a proactive manner without supervision.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience.
• 5-6 years of experience installing and configuring networks and telephony systems.
• Has a strong background in VoIP, TDM, SIP systems.
• Has enterprise level experience in integrating various PABX systems.
• Has a detailed understanding of Least Cost Routing.
• Can advise on best methods of implementing and managing Voice networks in an efficient and financially sound manner.
• Ability to multitask and prioritise under pressure.
• Experience installing, configuring, customizing and supporting enterprise applications such as (switches, Routers, access points, Load Balancers, Firewall).
• System administration experience is preferred.
• Previous experience following change management and change control processes.
• Strong troubleshooting and customer service skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment effectively.
• CCNP certified.
To apply for the Network and Voice Engineer role please contact Ian Donnelly on 01 662 1000.