Our client are a leading provider of financial services in Dublin City Centre. They have an immediate job opportunity for a Business Analyst to join their team
This position will involve delivering technology solutions to business requirements. The successful candidate will become an integral part of the Business Applications team and will contribute towards maximising the efficiency and functionality across the various applications that support the business.
• To design solutions that deliver improvements in business efficiency and productivity;
• To develop business requirements, functional specifications, test plans and related documentation in support of systems initiatives;
• To work closely with business users to understand issues & identify system and/or process solutions;
• To proactively identify organisational impacts as a result of new business process or system deployments;
• To provide timely status and project updates to management and business owners;
• To liaise with members of the IT function and external vendors to determine how best deliver those requirements;
• To analyse, understand and support existing applications;
• To investigate queries, escalating problems as required;
• To carry out preliminary testing of software changes;
• To work closely with members of the IT function and business users in designing and executing test plans.
The Ideal candidate will have:
• A computer Science/Information Technology related degree;
• A minimum of 3-4 years’ experience with a proven track record of working in a technically complex environment;
• Very strong relational database skills - ideally Oracle and MySQL;
• Software development background with demonstrable achievements in delivering solutions to complex business requirements;
• A proven track record of working in applications support within the financial services industry;
• Well-developed IT skills combining a solid understanding of and experience in a range of system development life cycle methodologies ;
• Experience of translating business needs into formal business requirements & functional specifications.
Please apply today for immediate consideration. For further details please contact Derek Smyth at 6621000.