Due to expansion a global insurance provider based in Dublin is seeking a Service Delivery manager to manage and oversee the improvement, deployment and integration of operational IT Services and solutions across their global operation.
• Work with business stakeholders, colleagues across the wider IT Services function and cross-functionally to translate business objectives into clearly defined business cases, costs or financial schedules in order to support achievement of IT and business accountabilities.
• Monitor and control allocated human and material resources assigned to project work, maintaining financial and progress forecasting in order to ensure projects are delivered according to schedule and within budget.
• Supervise and quality-assure the drafting of key policy documents to ensure full compliance to the organization´s rules and regulations governing transactions.
• Analyze key themes from a wide range of internal and external data sources in order to identify IT Service industry developments as well as how different scenarios may impact upon the business, and provide recommendations based on this analysis.
• Contribute to the development of processes and lead the implementation of systems and process improvements in infrastructure, ensuring IT solutions align with medium-term business objectives and looking ahead to understand future technology options for the business.
• Provide technical guidance and recommendations as a subject matter expert in relevant area of IT Services, in order to support the resolution of the most complex customer cases and develop precedents to improve customer service.
• Manage key internal and external stakeholder relationships across the organization in order to achieve engagement to change, and provide technical leadership in the design and development of new IT solutions.
• Ensure that IT requirements in own area of specialism are properly addressed in projects, and ensure delivery of assigned IT projects or work streams are successful, collaborating with IT colleagues from across the wider function to deliver for the business.
• Deploy in-depth knowledge in a functional area of IT to support internal clients by responding to requests and issues, acting within a number of complex processes and procedures to solve internal customer problems in conjunction with internal partners or external vendors.
• Develop processes to ensure internal partners and vendors meet defined policies / SLAs (service level agreements) on information management, and record and report core metrics across relevant area of IT.
• Lead indirect resources in your area to develop and implement relevant IT processes and manage performance across all activities, in order to achieve business objectives and continuously improve performance
KEY TASKS & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Contribute to long-term strategy and direction setting for the Global Services Executive function.
• Provide visible leadership to IT Services staff and engage them in operational and transformational activity.
• Propose, agree and gain sign-off for service improvement initiatives to address the core problems with the business and/or suppliers.
• Gain buy-in from key stakeholders in support of IT Services work streams and activities.
• Provide thorough analysis of current IT policy/process/technology (where necessary and based on data provided) to identify service improvement initiatives to reduce the impact of problems on both the business and IT.
• Act as the point of contact with local IT Services Executives, other IT functions and third-party suppliers
• Operate across daily across functional, national and cultural boundaries to ensure delivery of a consistent level of service provision to different business customers around the world.
• Act as a thought leader for the Global Service Executive function in wider areas of responsibility than current role.
• Own and develops a particular strand of long-term strategy and direction setting for the IT Services function.
• Where required, engage with and monitor the high-level progress of suppliers and support teams to implement agreed programs (including the appropriate governance)
• Stay abreast of internal and external key business issues and strategy, and proactively work with the business (business analyst) and suppliers to ensure that IT continues to meet longer-term strategic needs.
• Work closely with the business and/or suppliers to plan and prioritize service improvement initiatives by demonstrating clear benefits when these initiatives are completed AND clear ramifications when they are not initiated.
• •Understand the big business picture and how this affects IT Services to develop strategy and influence/get buy-in for the service improvement offering.
• Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration, Information Technology and 7 or more years of experience in related field
• 6+ years on service management thereof 4+ years with proven track record of delivery leadership
• ITIL foundation certification is required
• Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification is desirable
• Recent exposure to IT infrastructure services within the Financial Services industry desirable
• Proven experience of working within a large Global or Regional organisation within a multi-national company
• Proven experience of working within a supplier lead service delivery model
• Proven experience of working in IT Infrastructure projects
• Ability to work in a highly process driven and outsourced work environment.
• Good influencing skills, demonstrable though all levels of the organisation.
• Well-developed team building and collaboration capabilities.
• Quality management and process improvement capabilities desired
• Persuasive presentation skills
• Fully proficient in English, both oral and written. Additional language skills are considered a bonus.
• Structured Analytical skills with the ability to work under pressure
• Experience in Commercial & Contractual considerations in an outsourced delivery model is a plus
• Sound knowledge of Productivity and Reporting toolsets (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Self-motivation and the ability to work remotely are essential skills
To apply for the Service Delivery Manager role please contact Ian Donnelly on 01 662 1000.