Systems Administrator required for growing company based in Cork. Responsible for infrastructure/systems and applications support that maintains the operational integrity of the Group datacentres.
* Help build and operate corporate infrastructure.
* Maintain a strong relationship with the internal partner groups to support and expand our existing open source environment including; performance optimization, system monitoring, and operational support.
* Monitor and manage the real-time stability, performance and throughput of all our applications.
* Manage the hundreds of servers in our data centre.
* Respond to system malfunctions, triage issues, develop and implement response plans, propose and implement mitigation strategies.
* Share in 24x7 on-call support duties to keep our systems available.
* Analyze, model and predict system stability and performance.
* Plan and install new hardware and software systems - OS, server applications, network components, load balancing, and security systems. Take ownership of security at all levels and across all domains. Provide expertise to our development teams as they build new applications and features across all our platforms.
* Write documentation and procedures.
* Working in a very fast paced environment where agility, flexibility, and technical excellence are highly valued
* 3+ years of experience of supporting large mission-critical, highly scalable distributed systems Infrastructure, network operations experience in Internet industry
* 3+ years of experience of using Windows/Linux as the operation system
* Experience of VMware/Citrix administration
* Strong knowledge of core network services, such as DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SSH, SMTP, etc.
* Ability to script and automate tasks in at least one of the following: Shell, Perl, Python or Ruby.
* Extensive networking, storage, and system management experience
* Must be enthusiastic, action oriented, capable of independently solving complex technical problems in a 24x7 environment
* Skilled experienced in DNS server setup and maintenance
Are you looking for a new challenge in your career as a Systems Administrator?
If so please send an updated cv in strict confidence for this Systems Administrator role to Carl Casey, IT Recruitment Consultant, FRS Recruitment (0867838584) via the apply link or share with friends/colleagues.
FRS Recruitment is committed to promoting diversity and disability in the work place and is a KANCHI 100 company.