This is an excellent Dublin based IT Job opportunity for an experienced DevOps engineer with a background in large enterprise environments.
You will be joining the Chief Data Office as Senior Engineer. You will perform two functions on two different teams.
Research and Development is a team dedicated to evaluating new technologies and vendors in Big Data space. You will look at potential new products to be implemented in the company and give professional advice to stakeholders who then decide on whether to invest in them.
Chief Data Office Science and Innovations Platform is a team that directly consumes decisions made with help of Research and Development’s suggestions and implements new platforms and products in Chief Data Office. You will also look at improving operational aspects of services that are already running.
As a part of Chief Data Office Research and Development you:
• Will get exposed to playing with cool vendor technologies/start-ups in Big Data and Data Analytics area
• Have a part in technology selection influence workflow for above
• Will have an opportunity to talk to most exciting BigData startups
• As a part of Chief Data Office Science and Innovations Platforms you will help them:
• Implementing proper DevOPS practices
• Improving their mentoring systems
• Rationalizing our software development lifecycle
• Building their continuous deployment piplelines
• Bringing Paas/Containerization in place
• Simplifying their code development platforms
• Automate as much as it is possible
• Deep understanding of Linux(Redhat) systems administration and internals (setup, memory, tuning, scripting, networking)
• Exposure on container technologies (Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes)
• Experience in using cloud environments (Google, AWS)
• Basic scripting skills (Python and Bash)
• Hadoop exposure is a plus (Cloudera, Hortonworks)
• DevOPS Tooling (Ansible, Puppet, Consul)
• Monitoring and logging( Prometheus, Geneos ELK/Splunk)
• Security and identity management (LDAP, PAM, 2factor)
• Basic Networking knowledge (TCP/UDP, firewalls, DNS)
• Educated to degree level ( or overseas equivalent)
• Linux certification is a nice addon (e.g RHEL/Linux Academy)
To apply for the Dev Ops Engineer( R&D) role please contact Hugh McCarthy on 01 662 1000.