Our client, leading FMCG company operations in over 120 companies, is currently hiring a sales data analyst to help build and deliver and effective sales strategy. As a senior member of the Sales Data team you will be reporting directly to senior management within the organisation.
To be the right data analyst, you will ideally come from and FMCG background with strong technical and business skills. This is a new role within the company, as such the opportunity to make the role your own and grow it, is outstanding.
As a leading, global player, within it market, the client has a reputation for providing excellent work life balance as well as an outstanding working environment.
To develop and contribute towards the successful delivery of the Sales Strategy in line with corporate and brand objectives. To collate, analyse and interpret relevant data to assist in the business decision making process. To provide timely, accurate and relevant information on all aspects of market activity to all relevant Stakeholders including, Customer Account Profitability, ROI and ROO with responsibility for the accurate production and updating of KPI’s and dashboard reporting. Identify key accounts with greatest potential to grow SOM and increase ROI.
• High standard of education and or third level business qualification
• Minimum of three years’ experience within a commercial/analytical role or closely related Sales function, preferably within an FMCG environment.
• Fluent English, ability to understand and converse in other languages is desirable but not essential. Excellent PC skills (MS Office and particularly Excel, Access and Power point are a pre-requisite, along with knowledge and experience of using an analytical package and report writing tools to deliver key insight. Good understanding of the structure and the processes related to an ERP system (SAP)
Discipline to follow corporate processes and policy & procedures
• Understanding of the FMCG industry and the role data analysis plays to grow SOM is a distinct advantage
• Strive for Quality
• Constantly strives to improve the quality of products / services (evaluates against standards, explores alternatives, delivers 1st time, seeks for improvement)
• Winning Attitude
• Challenges status quo, looking for better ways to improve the business, manages changes in an efficient way (understands the issues, assesses with sound principles, presents facts and views with confidence, speaks up)
• Develop People
• Drives development based on honest feedback on performance and potential(Encourages employees’ self-development, delegates challenging assignments, praises good performance and confronts performance problems, provides feedback and coaches people)
• Execute with Excellence
• Takes action to improve team’s performance (Conveys a sense of urgency, strives to exceed work targets and expectations, completes projects on time and to specifications, applies sound project management principles, holds team accountable, voluntarily takes responsibility for tasks and projects)
Areas of Responsibility
• To provide a comprehensive support service to the Trading and Field Force Management teams through the provision of accurate reporting. Responsibility for the provision of Sales forecasting, Customer Account Profitability (CAP), Return on Investment (ROI), Return on Objective (ROO) and the input of information to Global Diagnostic Tool.
• To develop and support the execution of strategic sales plan, delivering market share growth and OCC objectives. Strive for improvement through development and implementation of new reporting tools, taking advantage of all available supports.
• Identify accounts of strategic importance for development. Analyse and interpret data, review results and develop smarter objectives to ensure all business opportunities are maximised.
• To formulate and implement appropriate business information strategies, continually developing content and improving the speed and accuracy of this information to all stakeholders to assist with improved business decision making.
• To compile, interpret and provide suitable business material relevant to trading partners for publication in a variety of media and for use by the Trading and Field Force teams in the field.
• To assist in the generation of short, medium and long Term forecasting and reviews to feed into the A&SP and Sales Plans
• To contribute to JTI Global projects and initiatives as required
• Excellent Analytical Skills, Using all available insights to solidify market results and identify further opportunities and trends to improve market share and OCC growth. Identify potential threats that will impact negatively on the company’s growth ability.
• Finance & Commercial awareness skills, incumbent must have a high level of financial and commercial acumen.
• Planning and organizing skills, accurately estimate time and effort required to complete tasks. Possesses the ability to work under own initiative
• Excellent computer skills, excellent Excel & Other MS Office skills including CRM packages such as SAP and TME
• High standards of accuracy and attention to detail, possess high standards of accuracy and attention to detail in all aspects of work. Report in a timely and professional manner.
If you believe that you, or somebody you know, could be the right person for this role, please do not hesitate to contact Stephen Waters on 016621000.