TitanHQ provides small and medium sized businesses worldwide with comprehensive network security protection through their award-winning suite of email and web security solutions. In operation since 1999 TitanHQ has a deep understanding of the increasingly complex IT threats that face IT professionals today. Offering businesses a comprehensive, yet affordable subscription-based suite of security solutions that incorporates the latest spam and virus protection, web security and email archiving technology.
About The Role
TitanHQ is seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer with the passion and experience necessary to design, develop and support the TitanHQ line of next-generation enterprise and cloud-based web filtering solutions. You will be working on the design and development of major software components for our products which are currently used by thousands of organizations every day in over 120 countries. If you enjoy taking ownership of projects, challenging yourself to be innovative and creative, this is the position for you.
Education & Experience
- 5+ years C/C++ multi-threaded software development experience with an emphasis on implementing scalable, low latency, high-performance client/server applications
- Experience with NoSQL and or SQL databases
- Experience developing software for FreeBSD/Linux
- Strong understanding of common TCP/IP network protocols such as HTTP, SSL, SMTP and DNS
- Strong familiarity with security as applied to software, application and network engineering.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Apache, Squid - Knowledge of web server operation on a low-level; web protocols; designing APIs
- UI - Ability to create rich web interfaces
- Experience in an Agile environment
- We use SVN for source control, Jira for issue tracking and project management, and Teamcity for continuous integration.