Ammeon is a services and solutions partner that helps organisations grasp the opportunities presented by emerging technologies and maintain that leading edge. Our end-to-end set of consulting, learning and technology services and solutions enables our customers to derive value from DevOps, Cloud and related fields. We believe the future should never leave our customers behind and we are committed to realising this vision. If this sounds good to you – join us.
With this role you have the opportunity to work remotely from Ireland, The UK, Poland or Germany when not on customer site. We will require successful candidates to spend between 50-70% of their time onsite with customers.
About the Role:
You will work with product managers, project managers, engineering teams, sales teams and customers to deliver OpenStack cloud solutions which integrate the business, technical and operational aspects of our customers’ cloud strategies.
Role is open to both permanent and contract terms depending on candidate preference.
- Working with customers to understand project goals and define requirements and scope.
- Analysing gaps in the existing data centre infrastructure management.
- Creating designs for cloud implementations based on OpenStack.
- Proposing an integration approach for existing services and applications.
- Performing capacity planning for the cloud and providing hardware recommendations.
- Working with engineering teams to validate implementation details.
- Creating cloud solution blueprints and white papers.
- Overseeing project execution carried out by remote engineering teams.
- Developing professional relationships with executives, engineering teams and customers.
- Excellent knowledge of the cloud computing domain, including current market leaders and technologies.
- Background in developing distributed systems and reliable, fault-tolerant software.
- Solid software development experience (Java, Python, PHP, FastCGI) using agile methodologies.
- Experience of building high-availability (HA) production-grade solutions in virtualised environments.
- Experience of working with OpenSource frameworks (such as CloudFoundry, Cloudify, OpenShift and Hadoop).
- Experience of working with messaging solutions (such as ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ and ZeroMQ).
- Expert knowledge of MySQL and/or PostgreSQL in HA deployments.
- Experience of working with Active Directory (AD) deployments for business-critical applications.
- Practical experience in Linux/Unix system administration and troubleshooting.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills (in areas such as capacity planning).
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Competitive salary.
- Great location in the heart of Dublin city centre.
- Excellent opportunities to experiment with new technologies.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Staff technical talks.
- Regular staff competitions.
Ammeon is an equal opportunities employer. Ammeon reserves the right to request an employee to be flexible in his or her duties when the business needs require it.
Recruitment agencies need not apply.