Our client a well-established company in the Insurance industry is currently looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join their IT team in Dublin.
As a Senior Data Scientist you are expected to build analytic solutions that generate business value by leveraging machine learning techniques on Hadoop infrastructure. You would also be responsible for growth and maturity of the capability out of Ireland.
• Build and manage a high functioning team of data scientists, create clear roles, responsibilities and
• Possess and instil a sense of curiosity and collaboration in team members to reach across teams
and research methodologies and translate into action
• Prioritize and manage customer demands and resources
• Support and drive analytic efforts around machine learning and innovation
• Work with a great deal of autonomy to find solutions to complex problems
Requirements and qualifications:
• MS in applied mathematics, physics , computer science, engineering or statistics, PhD preferred
• 6+years of Machine Learning and/or Predictive Analytics experience desired
• 5+ years of Data Mining tolls such as SAS (Base/Stat, EM, SNA, VA)R
• Applying computational algorithms and statistical methods to structured and unstructured data
• Combining analytic methods with advanced data visualizations
• Expert ability to breakdown and clearly define problems
• 3+ years fraud, waste and abuse is helpful
• Strong Python development skills and/or other prototyping skills desired
• 1+ year of experience in one or more of the following area: Natural Language Processing, Graph
Theory, Hadoop, Big Data desired
Individuals in this role must have European National status or be otherwise authorized to live and work in Dublin, Ireland on a full-time basis.
To apply for the Senior Data Scientist role please contact Stephen Waters on 01 662 1000.