Our client is an international investment bank based in Dublin city centre.
They are currently seeking to recruit a team of Java developers for a very interesting project, creating a new team in Dublin which will be part of a large global team focusing on delivering a strategic data platform. You will be contributing to the delivery of complex new development features for a major Data Programme. The platform provides high scale, near real time data services, BIG Data analytics and reporting data services. You will design and develop application code in response to business problems and may participate as part of a team on development related work.
• Application Design: defining a technical solution based on business and technical requirements.
• Application Development: write application code to meet the technical solution.
• Design application components to meet the requirements of the business and documentation of
• Ensure architectural changes (as defined by Architects) are implemented.
• Evaluate new products including prototyping (potentially on behalf of Architects).
• Provides Level 3 support for technical components and contribute to problem and root cause
• Development of source code, including descriptions, in line with detailed requirements
• Verify the developed source code by reviews
• Integrate software components including unit and integrated software testing according to the
• Maintenance of applications and performs technical change requests, in line with release plans
• Fixes software defects/bugs.
• Collaborates with Functional Analysts and technical Specialists to complete work, as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Significant prior experience with development technologies and keep pace with technical
• The ability to develop reusable and performant Java libraries aligned with good architectural and
• Good mastery of JVM and build out of scalable data intensive applications
• Experience with Test Driven Development and Agile software development methodologies
• Primary technologies: Java 8, Apache Storm, Hadoop, MarkLogic, Oracle, Angular JS.
• Applied knowledge of the core Java technologies and supporting components including:
• Programming (Core Java, Java Script, HTML5, CSS3)
• Web Frameworks (AngularJS, GWT, Spring)
• Web Services (REST, SOAP)
• Data Exchange (JSON, XML)
• JDBC Programming (MySQL, Hive, Impala, Neo4j (and other NoSQL variants), Oracle)
• Web Servers (Tomcat)
• Test Automation (JUnit, Cucumber)
• Ability to solve business or production problems
• Strong analytical skills.
Education / Certification
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
If you are interested in applying for this role please call Angela O’Donnell on 01 662 1000. These roles are highly sought after, interviews are currently taking place, please send your CV today.