Ammeon is a professional services company based in the heart of Dublin City Centre offering consultancy, bespoke open source development and Lean-Agile Transformation solutions to accelerate service development and delivery.
We are very demanding on ourselves to deliver the best quality services to our customers. Our approach and deliverables have been very well received, so we're now expanding.
If you would like to be part of our high quality team then please apply to us.
The role requires some flexibility in terms of location. You will be required to spend time on-site in Athlone at the beginning of the project, after which you will be based in Dublin with 1-2 days in Athlone each week.
About the role:
Our client is looking to build a team of experienced Big Data engineers who will be responsible to work across their global telecoms organisation, in new and cutting edge technologies to develop the intuitive solutions of the future. You will work collaboratively with diverse teams of Business Analyst, Big Data Architects and Data Scientists and contribute to generating actionable insights and thereby converting data into knowledge of commercial/Societal value. Candidates must have the necessary technical skills and also the ability to work in an inner source/collaborative environment
- Experience in Core Java 8
- Experience with parallel computing, i.e. multi-threading
- Excellent design and analysis skills.
- Experience/Knowledge in EJB, JBOSS Server, JPA / Hibernate, REST Web Services, RHEL / LINUX, plus Maven, GIT, Jenkins, JIRA, Python Scripting
- Ability to work effectively in an Agile environment
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge/experience in complex event processing
- Knowledge/experience of stream processing frameworks
- Familiarity with Kafka, Zookeeper, Spark or similar
- Familiarity with Virtualisation and Cloud implementation
- Experience in Scala, Data Mining, Hadoop technology
- Staff Technical Talks
- Endless opportunities to continue to experiment with new technologies
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive Salary; Great Location
- Healthcare; VHI
- Staff competitions
Ammeon is an equal opportunities employer. Ammeon reserves the right to request an employee to be flexible in his or her duties when the business needs require it.
Recruitment agencies need not apply.