Ammeon is a services and solutions partner that helps organisations grasp the opportunities presented by emerging technologies and maintain that leading edge. Our end-to-end set of consulting, learning and technology services and solutions enables our customers to derive value from DevOps, Cloud and related fields. We believe the future should never leave our customers behind and we are committed to realising this vision. If this sounds good to you – join us.
About the Role:
Ammeon are hiring an Experienced Architect with a background in design and implementation of immutable infrastructure solutions using devops tools and practises in both cloud and hardware environments.
This position requires an excellent collaborative approach and team working skills backed by strong verbal and written communications. The role assumes all work is targeted at CI/CD best practise.
With this role you have the opportunity to work remotely from Ireland, The UK, Poland or Germany when not on customer site. We will require successful candidates to spend between 50-70% of their time onsite with customers.
- High-level understanding of software systems design and technical concepts.
- Understand and champion application "design for deployment practises, e.g. 12 Factor App, Cloud Native App, Cattle Architecture etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard IP networking technologies, switching, routing, firewalls, load balancing, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of storage and volume management solutions such as LVM, CEPH, GlusterFS
- Broad exposure to Open Source tools to include automation, security, networking and database
- Monitoring and log analytics using tools similar to , Cacti, Splunk, Zabbix, ElasticSearch, RHQ, Hyperic
- Strong active listening, conflict resolution, negotiation, and consensus-building skills
- Reasoning ability
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate business value of technical concepts
- Ability to provide detailed technical architecture description of solution to customer and implementation teams
- 3 years of experience of deployment automation towards with cloud computing solutions such as Openstack, Google Compute Engine, AWS
- 3 years plus experience with virtualization concepts and technologies and experience designing, installing, administering, and troubleshooting in a cloud environment (public / private / hybrid)
- 5 years plus experience with architecting and implementing Deployment Automation and Configuration Management with tools like Puppet, Ansible etc.
- 5 years plus experience with Linux / Unix system administration and shell scripting
- 5 years plus experience in programming with programming languages such as Python, Ruby, Go and with JSON, YAML and REST services
- Passionate interest in devops and deployment automation tools, technologies and enablers.
- Willingness to revise toolset and skills in light of emerging technologies
- Passion for open source solution
- BS Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or similar
- Staff Technical Talks
- Endless opportunities to continue to experiment with new technologies
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive Salary; Great Location
- Staff competitions
Ammeon is an equal opportunities employer. Ammeon reserves the right to request an employee to be flexible in his or her duties when the business needs require it.
Recruitment agencies need not apply.