Full Time Position - Competitive package available including Company Car Allowance, Bonuses, Healthcare etc.,
Create the technology of tomorrow
Creating and extending computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth--that's our vision, is it yours?
The NPG Software organization is searching for an energetic and passionate senior level engineering manager to drive, excel, and grow a highly technical team of software professionals to advance our leadership in packet processing through the development and release of the Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK) and Hyperscan technologies.
DPDK is an open source project hosted at http://dpdk.org that provides software libraries and drivers to accelerate packet processing workloads, and is used in a wide range of communications applications including telecommunications infrastructure, security appliances and routers. Hyperscan is a set of software libraries that provide Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) of various workloads. You will be well versed in software engineering processes, have strong technical and project management skills to understand and drive resolution of a variety of technical challenges. A key part of the role will be collaboration across multiple organizations and geographies, and operate in an environment with the ambiguity associated with a rapidly changing ecosystem. Also desirable will be, effective communication both with the business units and the development team to drive true transformation of Packet Processing, taking into account the product roadmap and vision, and managing the corresponding implementation by the engineering team.
The position requires a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other comparable degree, and 8+ years of experience as a manager with successful track record of leading high performing development or validation teams. Prior experience in a software engineering management position related to telecom, networking or virtualization is an advantage. Open source software experience is also an advantage. Program management experience in software development is also plus.
Other experience / qualifications that would be an advantage:
- Experience in people & performance management of technical teams
- Experience in management of complex software projects from concept exploration through to customer delivery.
- Experience of communications & networking technologies and products.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with global teams and to manage relationships with key stakeholders.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills coupled with a strong aptitude to learn and innovate.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience with open source software communities.
What We Offer You
When you come to work at Intel, you come to work in a collaborative, supportive environment, where your equally brilliant colleagues will push you to be your best. There’s no fear of failure—we know that’s how innovation happens. And you’ll never be bored. We also offer:
- Competitive benefits and pay (including bonuses)
- Opportunities for professional development and continuing education
- The flexibility you need to achieve balance
Intel fosters a collaborative environment allowing the brightest minds in the world to come together to achieve exceptional results.