Create the technology of tomorrow
Creating and extending computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth--that's our vision, is it yours?
In this position, you will be a member of the silicon design team at the Shannon Design Centre. This silicon engineering team is involved in the design, pre-silicon validation and layout of leading edge Intel Architecture (x86) products. The team is looking to hire digital design engineers across a range of experience levels who have RTL development and Pre-Silicon Validation skills although experience in adjacent engineering disciplines such as Software development would also be considered.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Developing the micro-architectural specification of complex design block(s)
- Responsible for logic implementation of complex design block(s) using RTL coding techniques
- Working with pre-Silicon validation engineers to develop cluster level directed/random tests and environments
- Working with the Physical Design (Layout) team on Synthesis, Formal Verification and Timing Convergence
- Interacting closely with other teams such as the Architecture, Software, Firmware and Post-Silicon Validation
You should possess at minimum an honours degree (level 8 on www.nfq.ie) in Electronic Engineering or equivalent..
Additional qualifications include:
- A background in RTL level Digital IC Design using System Verilog and/or Verilog
- Strong ASIC and/or SoC design experience
- Proven track record of successful first time delivery of projects
- A self-starter with the ability to assume leadership roles
- Ability to work well in a diverse team environment
- Experience with industry standard development and verification tools and methodologies
- Experience in unit level validation environment development, test plan generation and test case implementation for the verification of design block(s)
The following skills would be an added advantage:
- Experience with languages such as C and/or C++, SystemC, System Verilog*, OVM, Perl, Specman e, Shell scripting
- Experience in some of the following areas/tools: Synthesis, Formal Verification, DFT, VCS*, PrimeTime, Design Compiler, Jasper, 0in
- Experience with high speed I/O such as PCI Express and Gigabit Ethernet
- Experience with switching/routing and communications protocols such as Ethernet.
What We Offer You
When you come to work at Intel, you come to work in a collaborative, supportive environment, where your equally brilliant colleagues will push you to be your best. There’s no fear of failure—we know that’s how innovation happens. And you’ll never be bored. We also offer:
- Competitive benefits and pay (including bonuses)
- Opportunities for professional development and continuing education
- The flexibility you need to achieve balance