Create the technology of tomorrow
Creating and extending computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth--that's our vision, is it yours?
Step inside our world and you'll find one brilliant mind after another working together in a spirit of collaboration that is simply contagious. Through this shared dedication-this culture of innovation and exploration-we do more than deliver the latest technologies. We deliver the future. See for yourself. Look Inside.
That's where you come in. We need innovators and proven communicators like you to push our thinking. We need your strong collaboration and organizational skills, as well as your ability to effectively work within a team environment. You will help push us to the next level. Joining Intel means joining a dynamic company that has established a reputation for innovation.
Are you currently a SW Developer looking for a slightly different challenge?
As a Senior Simulation Developer , you will work with Intel Shannon DCG/NPG pre-Silicon team to model and simulate leading edge enterprise and communications integrated circuits that will enable next generation systems utilising cutting edge Software Defined Infrastructure technologies including Network Function Virtualization.
You will be based in Shannon, Co. Clare as a member of a talented team of engineers with a broad range of experience. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with multi-site projects working on cutting edge hardware. You will enjoy a world class work environment and you will be empowered to fulfill your greatest ambitions.
- Honours degree in Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum of 7 years software development experience.
- Excellent Software Engineering skills including Requirements, Architecture & Design, Implementation & Debug, and Integration & Verification testing.
- Excellent Object Oriented design and programming skills
- Good problem solving skills coupled with a strong aptitude to learn and innovate.
- Discipline and maturity to develop quality deliverables at all stages of the system development life cycle.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a multisite team.
- Excellent Technical Leadership skills across multiple project teams and technologies.
- Customer facing skills.
The following skills would be an advantage:
- Networking technologies e.g. Ethernet, TCP/IP, PCI Express
- System Modelling using SystemC, Simulink/Matlab or similar tools.
- Real-Time & Embedded software development, preferably in the context of Telecom & Networking application domains.
- Good understanding of Intel Architecture/x86 or other multi-core processor.
- Security, Cryptography, Data compression.
- Virtualization technologies e.g. KVM, XEN, QEMU, VMWARE.
- Source control management tools e.g. GIT.
- Device driver development
- Agile Software development.
- Multi-threaded software development
- Knowledge of Digital Verification Technologies such as SystemVerilog and OVM.
- A background in ASIC, SoC, or FPGAs.