Create the technology of tomorrow
Creating and extending computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth--that's our vision, is it yours?
As a Senior Software Engineer / Technical Lead, you will work with Intel Shannon DCG/NPG Software development team to deliver leading edge enterprise and communications platforms that will enable tomorrow’s Data Centre infrastructure and accelerate cloud computing adoption from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices.
You will be based in Shannon, Co. Clare as a member of a talented team of software engineers with a broad range of experience. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with multi-site projects working on cutting edge hardware. You will enjoy a world class work environment and you will be empowered to full fill your greatest ambitions.
- Honours degree in Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum of 7 years software development experience.
- Excellent Software Engineering skills including Requirements, Architecture & Design, Implementation & Debug, and Integration & Verification testing.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills, especially in developing multi-core or multi-threaded software.
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating system, Linux Device driver development and how to optimize for performance.
- Good problem solving skills coupled with a strong aptitude to learn and innovate.
- Good understanding of Intel Architecture/x86 or other multi-core processor.
- Real-Time & Embedded software development, preferably in the context of Telecom & Networking application domains.
- Discipline and maturity to develop quality deliverables at all stages of the software development life cycle.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a multisite team.
- Excellent Technical Leadership skills across multiple project teams and technologies.
- Customer facing skills.
The following skills would be an advantage:
- Security, Cryptography, Data compression.
- Networking technologies e.g. Ethernet, TCP/IP.
- Virtualization technologies e.g. KVM, XEN, QEMU, VMWARE.
- Agile Software development.
- Open Source Software Development.
- Source control management tools e.g. GIT.
- Web server development e.g. Apache, Nginx.
- Application frameworks development e.g. OpenSSL, zlib, gzip, Hadoop, OpenVPN