Create the technology of tomorrow
Creating and extending computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth--that's our vision, is it yours?
As an Applications Software Engineer, you will be based in Ireland Software development team to deliver best-in-class Security, Networking and Wireless Applications for Intel Architecture (IA) based leading-edge embedded processors to drive the next generation of Intel communication devices on evolving (SDN) Software Defined Networking architecture.
You will be based in Ireland as a member of a talented team of software developers and will have the opportunity to work with teams across the globe using Agile software development methodologies.
- Honours degree, Masters or PhD, in a programming discipline, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Maths etc., or proven programming track record in industry.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a global team.
- Strong problem solving skills coupled with a strong aptitude to learn and innovate.
- Excellent knowedge of C or C++ or Python programming, with strong development experience of Intel Architecture/x86 or other multi-core processer
- Linux development experience
- Performance benchmarking and application optimization experience
Experience in application software development in one or more of the following Domains would be advantageous:
- Software Defined Networks (SDN), e.g. OpenStack, Openflow, OpenDaylight, Quantum, Nox, Ryu, Floodlight etc, Experience developing Security Applications and Appliances in the Cloud
-Embedded Software Development, RT, (Real Time Operating Systems), IPC (inter-process communications), troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Experience in programming for communications and related protocols, e.g. Ethernet, TCP/IP, ISCSI, Wireless protocols , Switching and Routing
- Security applications (IPS/IDS, Firewall, IPSEC, Open SSL, etc.). - Experience analysing complex software systems and de-composing into an architecture view
- Virtualisation and Containers - application development on KVM, XEN, QEMU or VMWARE, LXC, Docker.
- Knowledge of Web Server Development and integration (Apache).
What We Offer You
When you come to work at Intel, you come to work in a collaborative, supportive environment, where your equally brilliant colleagues will push you to be your best. There’s no fear of failure—we know that’s how innovation happens. And you’ll never be bored. We also offer:
- Competitive benefits and pay (including bonuses)
- Opportunities for professional development and continuing education
- The flexibility you need to achieve balance