Create the technology of tomorrow
Creating and extending computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth--that's our vision, is it yours?
As a Software Engineer Manager, you will lead a team of highly experienced and qualified software engineers within Intel's growing NPG group (Network Platform Group). This role involves the leadership and motivation of internal and external 3rd party software development and validation engineers to deliver maximum results and efficiencies. This position requires a combination of strong people and technical management skills along with the ability to inspire others to achieve results.
High honours degree in the Engineering, Science or other numerate disciplines.
- Experience in the Communications/IT industry or in computer systems and engineering.
- Experience in people & performance management of global technical teams in large multi-nationals.
- Experience of communications & networking technologies and products.
- Proven ability to collaborate with global teams of engineers to consistently meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills and the ability to work as part of a multi-site, multi-time zone collaborative team.
- Good problem solving skills coupled with a strong aptitude to learn and innovate.
- Familiarity with structured software development techniques and software quality systems.
- Experience of leading the conversion of complex software architecture designs from concept through to the delivery of product to the end customer.
- Excellent Communication and Risk Management skills.
- Experience of software development especially with the Intel Architecture (IA) would be desirable.
- Be adaptable and prepared to embrace change
What We Offer You
When you come to work at Intel, you come to work in a collaborative, supportive environment, where your equally brilliant colleagues will push you to be your best. There’s no fear of failure—we know that’s how innovation happens. And you’ll never be bored. We also offer:
- Competitive benefits and pay (including bonuses)
- Opportunities for professional development and continuing education
- The flexibility you need to achieve balance