ASD is an Irish owned software development company that specialises in developing software solutions for companies in the Aviation & Import/Export market sectors.
We are the market leader in the provision of web-based customs clearance solutions in Ireland, providing hosted and deployed solutions and services to the majority of companies that use Revenue-based transaction processing facilities.
We also provide a suite of RFID applications to airlines and aviation equipment manufacturers. These RFID applications allow airlines to scan emergency equipment and monitor secure parts on the aircraft quickly and cost effectively. Manufactures use these applications to create and read RFID tags attached to emergency equipment such as life vests.
• Java Developer
• We have a java developer role available which is suitable for a graduate with 1-2 years java work experience.
• This developer will work within an experienced team of software developers developing web-based solutions using the latest technologies.
• This role offers the candidate the chance to gain in-depth experience in a number of leading edge technologies.
• This position incorporates all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
• The ideal candidate for this position will be energetic, ambitious, self-motivating with a desire to get involved in leading edge technologies.
• We have several projects ready to start which will offer a wide range of technical challenges.
• Enthusiastic developers who are eager to learn and increase their experience will relish the technical challenges this role offers and will enjoy working within a supportive team of highly experienced & professional software developers.
• Competitive salary based on experience and skills.
• Strong Java programming skills and experience are essential.
• Experience with any of the following technologies highly desirable:
o C# .net 2008 or 2010
o .net windows compact framework development
o Web technologies
o A good understanding of issues involved in design and implementation of large enterprise class transactional Web applications
o JSF / JSP / Servlets / Struts / JBoss Seam / Any Web framework
o Web services SOAP / XML / WS-* / SOA / BPEL
o Application Servers
• Experience with relational databases and SQL.
• Ability to work as team player.
The Candidate will be based at our office in Dublin in Clonskeagh, Dublin 4.