Overview of Role:
As a Service Desk Engineer you’ll enjoy a fast-paced busy environment, but fun environment working as part of a team. Each day presents different challenges! The environment is extremely busy and challenging and requires a person with the right combination of customer facing skills and technical knowhow.
The primary duty of this role is to provide IT support services to our client companies. Provide system level support of multi-user operations systems, hardware and software tools, including installation, configuration, maintenance and support of these systems.
· Assume full ownership and responsibility of all allocated support tickets ensuring they are dealt with promptly and professionally and satisfactorily concluded
· Ensure strict adherence to SLA when dealing with customer tickets/calls
· Installing, configuring and troubleshooting of software and hardware.
· Highlight any issues using our MSP platform on customer sites raising a service ticket and escalate using the correct escalation procedures.
· Develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of INET products, services and solutions
· Perform routine day to day system security checks and backups and produce status reports
· Work closely within the Team to ensure that the highest quality of technical support and consultancy is delivered to the customer at all times
· Work with other technical staff to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems
· Document relevant technical information on INET portal and Help Desk CRM application (Autotask) including site schematics, system problems, problem resolution and knowledge base content
· Record and maintain hardware and software inventories, site and/or server licensing and user access and security
· May be required to provide technical training to customers - systems administration and end user
· Maintain confidentiality with regards to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
· Monitor Remote Managed Service Application
· Other ad hoc duties as required
Experience / Education:
· Relevant qualification and min 3+ years’ experience
· Appropriate level of competence in documented technical skills
· Industry standard accreditations desired – Microsoft MCSE/MCSA,MCP, A+, Network+ Cisco / - CCNA CCNP
· Microsoft Operating Systems
· Microsoft Applications
· Anti Virus/spyware/malware applications
· Networking – TCP/IP – Switching – Firewalling, VPN etc
· Industry Standard Troubleshooting Procedures
- Good knowledge of hardware and associated technologies: Servers, desktop, laptop, tablets and printers, Operating systems – Microsoft Server 2008, 2012, Active Directory and various business applications
- Ability to Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Azure knowledge preferred but not essentials as training will be given.
- Strong proactive customer service and interpersonal skills
- The ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Must have the ability to work independently or a part of a team
- Good troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Previous technical support experience and speak fluent English
An understanding of client-server applications would be a distinct advantage, as would one or more Microsoft MCPs or actively working towards certification.
Package: Salary Depending on Experience, Mobile Phone, Laptop
If this role excites and interests you we look forward to hearing from you. Please email your CV with a covering letter via this website.